02 February 2012

Day # 2

So it's technically Day 3 since it's close to 3:30am and thus the next day...but I don't count it as the next day until I wake up. It's still Day 2 to me. I feel like saying it's Day 3 now when it's just starting is a little pretentious. Well, maybe pretentious isn't the right word...ambitious maybe? Hmm. Note to self...new goal: learn English.

Today was my off day for workout. There was just no time. The biggest time consumer of the day was Mr. Bear's unit's Farewell Ceremony. It took place at the local university's basketball arena. It wasn't my cup of tea. From the comments I was hearing from the soldiers...it was not their cup of tea either. I mean, it is a little silly. The soldiers were not even allowed to sit with their families for the whole two-hour ordeal. Sure, two hours isn't a long time, but when you have less than 20 hours until you have to drop your soldier off and not see them for 400 days?...yeah, 2 hours is a long time.

The whole event consisted of guest speakers and a slideshow that Mr. Bear helped make. He admitted prior to our arrival that it would be atrocious (the slideshow, not the speakers)...I really wanted him to be wrong about it. He was not wrong. It was a ridiculous slideshow...but so ridiculous that we could do nothing but laugh about it.

Later, after dinner with friends, we watched X-Files and cuddled. I couldn't help but cry. As I write this now, Mr. Bear is snoring next to me in bed and it breaks my heart to know this is the last time in a long while that I'm going to hear him snoring. No, it's not a relief that I won't hear the snoring. I've become so accustomed to it that it's hard to sleep without it. Here's to learning to, I suppose.

Workout Update: nothing today. BUT, I did order water when we went out to dinner. This is a big change for me because I usually order soda or wine when I eat dinner. I did have one mimosa, but that's it! I even ate a healthy dessert. We went out to the Melting Pot and instead of dipping cheesecake and brownies in marshmallow chocolate, we chose the pure dark chocolate (hello antioxidants!) with a Gluten-Free plate for dippers. I definitely eat gluten, but if you order the Gluten-Free plate, they'll only bring you fruit.

Deployment Update: found a ton of awesome sites for deployed spouses. One of my best friends referred me to Military Significant Other and Spouse Support, which she used when were boyfriend was deployed. Lots of great information.

Coming Soon: a list with links to crafts and care packages and projects to do! But in the meantime, here's this one that I'm going to try to do soon:




Cute, right? I hope Mr. Bear thinks so, too.

In the meantime, it's bedtime...long day tomorrow.

Love you all,

Ms. Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment