06 February 2012

Day # 7

Happy Monday Everyone!


I said I was going to start the BODYROCK workouts today. Well today just so happens to mark the start of their new 30-day challenge! If that's not a sign to get fit and healthy, I don't know what is!


I really like BODYROCK because their workouts are 12-14 minutes long and you can do them at home. That means there's no excuse for anybody not to get fit! And if that's not enough motivation...








Maybe that photo will inspire you.


Anyways, the first video posted below is the first video of this new 30 day challenge. The second video is the Fit Test and shows how you do each exercise. The key to BODYROCK is interval training. You exercise for 50 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds.








So I did the fitness test. It only took a total of 7 minutes (7 exercises, exercise for 50 seconds, rest for 10 seconds)...but it was a rough seven minutes. The point is for the fit test to measure where you are in terms of your fitness level. Where I am is pretty pathetic, but I'm hoping to change that!


Here are my scores for the Fitness Test:


Squat Jumps: 30
Push-Ups: 25
Burpees: 10
High Knees: 100
Switch Jump Lunges: 30
Tuck Jumps: 13
Sit-Ups: 25


Yeah, not very impressive. Oh well, I'll get there. Anyways, I finished the workout with a smoothie.


Ingredients: orange juice, frozen raspberries, frozen blueberries,
mango sorbet, glutamine power, hemp protein powder
It's a super healthy smoothie that has all of the ingredients listed above. The key to muscle building is eating more protein as opposed to carbs. Proteins keep you filled up for longer so you don't feel hungry as often. Using protein powder helps give you an extra dosage of protein in the day since the average American doesn't consume enough protein (me included).


I use hemp protein because I don't like the taste of whey protein or the bloating feeling it gives you. Hemp protein is water soluble so you can put it in smoothies and you can hardly tell it's there texture-wise. The flavor is very strong. Very...plant-y. That's why I add mango sorbet (not sherbet) to add some sweetness to the smoothie.


I use the Hemp Pro 70% Powder from Manitoba Harvest. Each smoothie I drink has 21g of protein in it, which is a huge boost! Also, I'm sure most of you have never even heard of hemp protein (I know I hadn't until my friend introduced me to it as an alternative to whey), so let me tell you some facts about hemp protein:


  • It does NOT make you high. It doesn't even contain those chemicals.
  • It is nature's only complete protein and has organically 10 amino acids (which I've heard are good for you).
  • It does not make you bloated.
  • It does not give you "protein breath" that is sometimes associated with whey.
  • It shows the same results as the other proteins. 
I didn't want anyone thinking I was getting high during this, so I just wanted to mention those facts before I went on. 

The other powder I included in the smoothie is glutamine powder which helps rebuild muscles after a workout. 

I paired the smoothie with some Annie's macaroni and cheese. It's got 9g of protein, 230 calories, and is SO good. I suggest you try it. It has a bunny on the box:

You will never look at Kraft the same way again...
I was also going to have salmon, but the smoothie filled me up.

Okay, well I've written a lot for today. Get on the BODYROCK bandwagon and join the 30-day challenge! 

Good night!

Ms. Bear






No comments:

Post a Comment