07 February 2012

Day # 8

Hello all!


So BODYROCK was a little late in posting their daily workout (hasn't been posted yet), so I decided to make my own workout. BODYROCK challenges have you workout from Monday-Friday and then rest for two days. Since I'll be a day behind, I will just have one day of rest so I can stay on track.


One of the areas that I want to work most is my legs, so I decided to find and do this workout:



I don't want my legs to look crazy huge, but I want to look more toned and this will help with my running. I went into running a little too soon and will not be running for a little while. The whole reason I hadn't run in a long time was because of my back injury. The whole point of this is to be healthy...not to push myself to the point of injury. So I am going to keep going to therapy, and build up my back muscles so I can start running again.


So I did 5 sets of 50 seconds of the frog squats. I paired the exercise with calf raises as well.


For dinner, I had salmon with cilantro, garlic, onion, and lime. My side was tomatoes and mozarella cheese drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.
 I haven't mastered presentation yet.
By the way, that tomato and mozzarella concoction is supposed to look like this:






Clearly, I missed the mark on how it's supposed to look. But believe me, it tasted a lot better than it looked!


Anyways, I have been focusing a lot on fitness lately, but I wanted to mention in this post some information for those of you that have loved ones deployed.


If you would like to send care packages to your solider, you can obtain free packing material from the US Postal Service!! All you have to do is call 1-800-610-8734 and press 0 to speak to customer service.  Then request a military care kit.  This will require you to setup an account, and you will receive an ID number from the Postal Service.  The kit comes with 6 boxes, custom forms, envelopes, and packing tape.  The kits will be sent to your home address.  There is no cost to order the kits!


I've decided that during the week I am going to focus on fitness and then work on care packages and crafts on the weekends. 


What would you like to see change on this blog? What do you wish I focused more on? Let me know so I can make this blog more enjoyable for you!


Stay healthy, stay happy!


Ms. Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment